Monday, April 4, 2011

Newport to Boston

Left Newport for to find the Kennedy's at Cape Cod! We did a lap of the island and decided we were lucky that it was not summer! I imagine it would be very crowded in "the season". Very touristy but we did manage to find a little village called Sandwich. It was how I would have imagined the area. Hyannis was a little more prosperous than some of the other areasbut alas no Kennedys to be seen..
We then set off to Plymouth. We easily found Plymouth rock through the rain and sleet. It was bitterly cold! I do know that they would have kept sailing if the weather was that bad back in the day! Still impressive that we got there and saw it!!!
Arrived in Boston to semi dodgy hotel. May or may not have harboured witness protection program people.
I went for a walk around to get some snacks and Ken thought I had been abducted and went searching...I got back to hotel and thought he had been abducted...we did find each other in the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment